Rev 2.02/New pricing

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Fri Jul 18 01:39:47 EDT 2003

On Friday, Jul 18, 2003, at 15:09 Australia/Sydney, Geoff Canyon
<gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 10:03  AM, Jim Hurley wrote:
>
>> I would have thought however that Run Rev might like to have the
>> *option* of including this message. I expect someday to release some
>> very bad software.
>
> There _is_ an option: Studio or Enterprise ;-)

Geoff, you are doing a fine job as front man while people are away at
the show :-) but your response to Jim's delightful witticism misses the
point made more extensively by Chipp and several others.

Like any tool, Rev will have a population of bad programmers. They will
not be buying Enterprise and are unlikely to buy Studio. Whatever the
excellence of many Express buyers testing the RR waters, it remains a
fact that RR's proud splash will also sit on many of the worst programs
made with Rev; programs badly written and unsupported; the author is
not earning their living from them. This is just plain bad publicity
and you do not need it.

I can afford not to care about the splash because I will need S and
might get Ent, but not Ex. My view is therefore somewhat dispassionate
and I support those saying RR is making a bad call here.

regards
David

PS: Before any free or prospective Ex buyers beat me up about those
comments, I am just saying that is where the population of worse
_programs_ is likely to arrive, not that better _programmers_ will
avoid Ex. If that is too fine a distinction for you I will not respond
to your flames. - dv