Rev 2.02/New pricing

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Jul 17 22:18:01 EDT 2003

Here's the only objection I have...and it's a big one.
The Made With Screen...

And here's why.

This same screen killed professional development for Macromedia Director.
Because so many hack-job Director games and projects were created...each
with the "Made by Director" stamp, it severely tarnished its reputation. We
had a number of clients who emphatically didn't want their Edutatainment
products developed in Director, because of this exact stigma --even though
we had done award winning CD-ROM's for Mattel and the Discovery Channel
using Director. We eventually gave up using Director. So has everyone else.

So, what can we expect *others* to think when they see the "Made with
Revolution" logo on 'newbie' type projects? That all Rev projects are like
this, and of the same caliber??? This is one of the reasons I originally
chose RR, because it *didn't* have this stigma.

Now, I'm not trying to denigrate or belittle newbie RR programmers at
all...it's just one would expect RR to want to splash their logo on the
*best* of it's developer's work...not the beginners. I think the ABOUT box
(the way it is currently) is just fine.

-Chipp