Rev 2.02/New pricing

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Thu Jul 17 18:46:01 EDT 2003

Some questions I did not see answered on the Rev site nor asked here so
far as I have seen:

- What will be the licence renewal costs in the new pricing model,
aside from support packages?

- Does RR have a specific major release program? This affects the
economics of selecting Studio vs Enterprise versions, for example. I
refer also to Alex's experience of RB.

- If you buy Studio and two major releases occur within a year, what is
the upgrade cost to the second of them.

- Is there in fact a renewal fee for Studio or Express other than
paying for new versions? If not, does that mean Studio becomes
Super-Express after the included upgrade?

- What will be the transition arrangements from existing licences to
new licences when the old licence falls due?

On the general question of new pricing, my view is somewhat agnostic.
RR makes offers to the market place and we buy or we don't. I hope for
lower prices and I want RR to stay in business to continue innovating.
I buy Macs, too.
Withal, it looks a reasonably structured offer, given more complete
information on what happens next.

regards
David