Controlling/comunicating w/ USB devices

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Jul 17 09:58:10 EDT 2003

on 4/5/03 10:16 AM, Thomas McCarthy wrote (on the Metacard list)

> Possible?
>
> Tom McCarthy

but there were no replies.

Similarly on 7/4/03 2:36 pm, Sean at GndZero wrote (on the use-rev list):
> Is it possible to get/send commands from/to a USB
> device? How do I accomplish this?

as with others who've asked similar questions over the last eight months on
the use-rev list, he was pointed to the "open driver" command; but in all
cases, in followups asking for more info, examples, or a specific question
about the parameters to "open driver", answers have come there none - at
least on the list.

It would be unfair to quote one KM who wrote in January this year
> At present support for this isn't perfect (lack of documentation and support
> on OS X) but we're working on it and it shouldn't be long...

but oops I just did.  More generally, has anyone yet managed to communicate
with a USB device in MetaCard or Rev - and if so, could they share their
experience?

TIA

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866