Rev 2.02/New pricing

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Thu Jul 17 09:55:00 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Here's my 2 cents regarding the new pricing.

Frankly I think it is great.  I have been using Rev for the last 2
years. It was difficult in the beginning to see the rationale for the
steep pricing. Now it seems their initial pricing model has been
vindicated.  What a new company's need to grow is capital. You can get
it from you user base or you can get it from venture capitalists. If
you do the latter they have a say in the development of the product. If
you do the former you are freer to develop your product in ways that
solve problems for your users.

Revolution continues to grow because they have their fiscal ship in
good order. At the same time they are providing us with really great
software. And they are doing this at an ever decreasing price point.

I have no complaints.  :-)   Keep up the good work Guys and Gals.

Cheers,

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer, PA
208 1st Ave. South