Rev 2.02/New pricing

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Jul 17 09:20:17 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 05:27  AM, Kurt Kaufman wrote:

> Personally, I have to admit I found it a little odd to distribute a
> limited edition of the Rev. IDE with detailed instructions on how to
> circumvent those limitations, but I guess the idea was to use that
> circumvention as a tutorial.

The problem with the 10 line limit in the Starter Kit is that it's both
too big and too small.

It's too small in that anyone unfamiliar with Revolution thinks it's
worthless. "You can't code anything more than 'Hello World' in ten
lines or less," they say, and in any other development environment
they're right. In some environments you can't even code "Hello World"
in ten lines.

But it's also too large, in that anyone who knows what they're doing
and are willing to put out the effort can get almost anything done in
ten lines or less.

So the Starter Kit has the dual problem of not being as effective as it
could be at bringing in new users, and also of hurting sales because
people find they can do whatever they need with it.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com