Rev 2.02/New pricing

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Jul 16 22:18:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 08:52  PM, Edwin Gore wrote:

> Um...something seems very wrong here. It's going to cost $1199 to do
> any
> kind of real cross-platform development!?!?!

It's definitely a major change to the licensing. There are some
negatives. However, some pluses too:

- They are enabling full (except Oracle) database functionality for all
versions. I think was previously only for Pro licenses?

- They are also including more support with each license.

- And the 50% off deal

Also, the 30 day trial is all-platforms/all-platforms. In a pinch I bet
a Studio user could use a trial license to debug a particularly
platform specific bug using the IDE on that platform.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com