Embedded fonts

Terry Judd tsj at myriad.its.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jul 16 19:09:00 EDT 2003

>As with most things in Revolution, it's all a matter of how insane you are.
>
>Is this text that needs to be edited by the USER, or by you and by
>your program. Because that makes a big difference.
>
>If it's just you or your program that need to edit the text, then
>you could write something that uses Rev's ability to insert graphics
>into fields to substiture PICTURES of the characters in a font for
>the characters themselves.
>
>I guess you could probably write something that intercepts the
>user's typing and puts the font images into the field instead.
>
>Like I said...how crazy are you?

If you don't need the text to be editable but would really like to
use a non-standard font then external PNG files created in Fireworks
may be an option. Provided you don't compress them - ie just save
them as 'standard' Fireworks files (Fireworks native format is PNG) -
then you retain the ability to edit/style the text. Set up Fireworks
as your external image editor from within Rev to take real advantage
of this capacity.

Cheers,

Terry...
Dr Terry Judd

Lecturer
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Email: t.judd at bmu.unimelb.edu.au
Phone: 03 9344 0187
Fax: 03 9344 4998