What Gives?

Simtech Publications switchedon at hsj.com
Wed Jul 16 17:39:00 EDT 2003

I'm just getting back to Rev after a long absence, having fooled around
too long with Director MX for Mac OS X. Too bad Macromedia has turned
it's back on Mac users with that stinking lousy piece of beta software.
Anyway, I'm now running Rev 2.0.1 under OS X v10.2.6 and it's acting
extremely flakey (Rev not Jaguar). I mean EXTREMELY flakey. At first I
thought the problems were caused by having imported older Rev 1.1.1
stacks into Rev 2.0.1 so I spent all day reconstructing one particular
stack. I'm finding that I can't use any keyboard shortcuts at all.
None. Can't navigate from the keyboard, can't save the stack from the
keyboard, can't toggle the message box. Nothing. Nada. This is
extremely frustrating. I thought it might be my machine at work (an
older slot loading 300 mHz G3 iMac) so I brought the stack home and the
same problems occurred on my brand new 1 GHz G4 iMac. I tried both the
PPC and OS X versions of Rev 2.0.1 with the same results.

Is anyone else having these problems?

My small business license runs out on July 23. I've already deleted
Director MX from my hard drive. Do I need to do the same with Rev and
maybe turn to REALBasic? What's a small spftware developer to do?

Cheers... Bill Lynn
Simtech Publications