variables, arrays, or custom properties

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 16 12:03:01 EDT 2003

On 7/16/03 10:35 AM, Chris Sheffield wrote:

> I have a
> stack that is going to make use of quite a bit of
> different data, and I'm wondering what is the best to
> use out of regular variables (many of them will have
> to be globals), arrays, or custom properties.

Or combine two of those methods and use a global variable that contains
an array. I've had good luck with this approach. Globals provide the
fastest access of the three methods you mention, and arrays are the
fastest way to access individual chunks of data. A global array also has
the advantage of being available to all the scripts in the stack and
keeps all the information in one tidy container.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com