Can I draw a line (or better any polygon) directly on screen?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Jul 13 02:00:00 EDT 2003

on 7/12/03 5:57 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com at
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> From: Cubist at aol.com
> Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:10:47 EDT
> Subject: Re: Can I draw a line (or better any polygon) directly on screen?
>
>> In Photoshop, create a new file of the dimensions you want with a single
>> empty layer.  If the file has a background layer, delete it.  You should now
>> see the checkerboard pattern in the document window.  Choose "Save for
>> Web..." from the File menu as GIF with transparency enabled.
----------
This seems to work OK. I didn't have a chance to try it until just now.
----------
> This will work perfectly well. I used to do it myself, until I discovered
> another option which will also work *and* saves a bit of effort on the user's
> part...
> First: Make sure the background is the active layer. If the background is
> the *only* layer, you're covered.
> Second: Go to the LAYER menu, select the NEW submenu, select LAYER FROM
> BACKGROUND from the LAYER:NEW submenu.
Hmmm. Nice trick, but I just have PS 5.0 LE on this machine and that option
doesn't seem to exist, i.e., there is no LAYER FROM BACKGROUND. No big deal,
but thanks anyway.

I hate to wimp out, but I'll have to get back to the experiments I was doing
tomorrow. I mowed and trimmed a 3 acre resort today, 9 hours nonstop. My
body is just a pile of ashes. I'm gonna drink a beer and hug my pillow for
another 9 hours.

Later,
Ken N.