About MC/RR applications servers

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Sat Jul 12 18:26:00 EDT 2003

On Saturday, July 12, 2003, at 04:56  PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

> Just do tests and you will see as me that this works perfectly, faster
> for example, than in using ASP's or PHP commands, because the linux
> bash
> optimisations, because the psql perfect design to work in command-line
> pipe mode

This doesn't make any sense to me. I would like to see the shell
command you are using.

You're saying what you are doing is faster than PHP direct to
PostgreSQL? PHP direct to PosgreSQL can have a persistent connection
already open, and PHP (as apache module) is running already in memory?!

Your way: have to open a socket from PHP, launch the shell, then launch
the psql command line program, which THEN finally connects to the
database.

It absolutely impossible that your way could be faster.

Again, why are you even using Revolution instead of just going from PHP
to PostgreSQL? Call me confused,

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com