Moving the MC IDE forward

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sat Jul 12 14:31:16 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 20:04, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 7/12/03 10:02 AM, Geoff Canyon wrote:

-- snip --

> For those who prefer MC's simplicity, I don't see any harm in continuing
> to assure it is compatible with the most current Rev engine. People will
> still have to purchase Revolution to get full access to long scripts, so
> RR won't lose any money by allowing folks a choice of IDEs. They have
> already said they won't support alternate IDEs, so it won't cost them
> anything.

And i wants to add that, because, some RR/MC apps needs to be build to
run with no GUI at all (backgrounder or console-mode apps and demons),
we needs to have a lightweight UI available to code, debug and maintain
this kind of apps, for a best usage of the memory and the processor by
the hosting servers.
--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Serveurs d'applications & bases ACID SQL
Penser et produire l'avantage compétitif