Can Rev be used as server database?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Fri Jul 11 18:02:00 EDT 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 03:54  PM, Bill Vlahos wrote:

> I think Rev could make a pretty good server. The only example I'm
> aware of is Tuviah' chat software at the RunRev user contributed page.
>
> I'd like to see a simple generalized example of a Rev web server app
> designed for forms. I've done this sort of thing with AppleScript and
> WebSTAR but Rev should be able to do the whole thing.
>
> The biggest issue would be how to effectively handle multiple
> simultaneous request/conversations while keeping track of each of > them.

To really take it to the next level, I would recommend modeling it
after ZOPE and ZODB. Zope is a web application platform built on
Python, and it is layered upon ZODB, Z Object Database. So Zope is a
web-aware, multiuser, multithreaded, transactional object persistence
platform :-). I used to be really into Zope when I was using Python a
lot. Kinda lost interest tho.

I'm sure a comparable thing could be implemented in transcript with a
data stack's custom properties! (you know with those n-dimensional
groups of custom properties in richard's article)

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com