answer file tMsg with tPath

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Fri Jul 11 16:44:00 EDT 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 01:43  PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> I'm getting erratic results with answer file, trying to open the
> dialog to a specific folder/directory. Is anything wrong with this
> transcript?

more info...

The TD for "answer file command" says:

"The defaultPath is the name and location of the folder whose contents
are listed when the dialog box appears. If no defaultPath is specified,
the dialog box lists the contents of the last folder you used with a
file dialog box."

but it seems that defaultPath actually expects the path to end in a
filename not a folder because this works:

put specialFolderPath("Documents")  & "/myfile" into tPath
answer file "select a file" with tFile

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com