MAC OS X standalone and externals

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Thu Jul 10 10:52:01 EDT 2003

Hi

I am having trouble setting the external of an OS X standalone.

I think this is a path problem so I've spent a long time tonight trying to
read the docs on filepaths and searched the archives for info on OS X
standalones, but I'm still stuck.

The code works fine in OS 9 both in the ide and as a standalone. It works
great in OS X in the ide, but when I build a standalone for X the app
crashes.

I set the externals to "./VXCMD_macho" and put the Valentina bundle in the
same folder as the standalone. (I realize the standalone in OS X is a
folder/bundle, but I do not place it in the contents of the bundle, just on
the same level as the bundle).

Applications f
  My Standalone f
    My App.
    VXCMD_macho
    data f

Valentina inits itself fine, but calling it in a later script crashes.

Am I setting the external properly? This works in the ide...

thanks again,
Ron