Applescript for creating a new folder

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jul 9 15:52:01 EDT 2003

Recently, "Yves COPPE"  wrote:

> your script runs very well

...which is why you were requested to try it.

> BUT
>
> I have to check when I create a folder if there are diacritical chars
> in the pathway before creating a new folder to set the directory to a
> relative pathway
>
> then I have to know if the new futur folder has one or more
> diacriticals char

Actually, if you build your stack to always use the directory property to
create folders, instead of using the long path, you can create folders
wherever you want, even though the rename code will be redundant with
non-diacritical names.  There is no need to use two different functions.

> BUT
>

> it  has an enormous advantage: it is the only script until now which
> works...!!!!!
>
> Not easy but works however how much diacriticals chars there are in the
> pathway...
>

> I will try to explore your script with more attention
> I'll make a command from and use it anyway...

A small "merci" would have been nice...

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director