Applescript for creating a new folder

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Wed Jul 9 14:31:00 EDT 2003

Le mercredi, 9 juil 2003, à 21:12 Europe/Brussels, Scott Rossi a écrit :

> Recently, "Yves COPPE"  wrote:
>
>> No success...(discussed earlier...)
>
> I would respectfully suggest re-reading the suggestions.  The 2nd
> suggestion
> posted yesterday evening (using relative paths) appeared to work fine.
>  What
> did not work with this option?
>
> Regards,

I've answered : if the path contains diacriticals chars it won't work :

It doesn't work if in your path you have an existing folder wtih
diacriticals

f. ex.
myPath is     /users/<myName>/xxx/yyy/éééé

then
add your code

 > create folder (myPath & "/newuserfolder") >rename folder (myPath &
"/newuserfolder") to (myPath & "/éîøüå") >it won't work !!!!

Greetings.
Yves COPPE

yvescoppe at skynet.be