revExecuteSql query

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 02:43:11 EDT 2003

--- Jez <jbradshaw at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Is there any way to get the result of a
> revExecuteSql statement? I'm getting
> no indication of error when the sql has a problem,
> and no indication of the
> number of rows affected when it runs OK.
>
> (I'm accessing a Microsoft Access database via ODBC)

What do you get when you insert :
  answer the result
after your call to the 'revExecuteSQL' command ?

You can also use the 'revdb_execute()' function ; the
result of the call will then be put in the special
'it' variable.

In fact, most of my code looks like :
  put revdb_execute(tConnectionID, tSQLQuery) \
      into tQueryResult
  if char 1 to 8 of tQueryResult is "revdberr" then
    answer error tQueryResult
    exit MyHandler
  end if
  -- if everything went fine, proceed...