Revolution's license restrictions

Antn at aol.com Antn at aol.com
Wed Jul 9 02:06:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am new to Revolution, so far I find it very impressive and I am trying to
learn it.

However, I find the ten line limit a bit restrictive, even after reading the
suggested work-around methods.

I would like to get the student version and see if I can get up to speed on
it, then I will like to upgrade to the small business edition.

Is this possible? Will I get credit for the $99 I paid for the student
version?

After I pay for the software do I get the unlock codes right away, or does it
take a while? Do I have to fax over my student ID or somthing else?

Another question:  What exactly are the restrictions on the student version?
One part of the site says that it cant be used to distribute commercial
software, and another part (a chart listing the different license options,) under
"restrictions", indicates "none".

How does Runtime Revolutions, Inc know whether students are writing
commercial programs with the software? Is it an honor code thing or is there a physical
restriction on the Student/Education software versions to prevent commercial
sales from the compiled programs?

For instance, does software compiled on the student version generate a
graphic like "STUDENT VERSION - NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE),  or something else that
prevents the software from being distributed commercially?

Thanks