RUNREV ACQUIRES METACARD!!!

revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Tue Jul 8 18:13:11 EDT 2003

I think this is great news.  The only major qualm I had about the future of Revolution was precisely what the relationship was between Metacard and Runrev (I wasn't sure what the disaster plans were...)

But if Runrev now own the engine (and the source code) and Scott is going to be working inside Runrev, then I think it makes the future look much more secure.  I just hope they didn't make him such a generous offer that he can afford to retire :-)

I can understand that some of the traditional Metacard users might not like this move (after all, that is the development environment they chose to continue using when Revolution came out).  But I don't think the future expansion of Metacard lay in that direction.  I had looked at Metacard myself a few years ago and dismissed it as being child-like and simplistic (yes, I know that was very stupid of me...)  The IDE really hid the power behind the model and the language.  I think that Revolution brings this out and means it can be taken more seriously (even by hasty people like me).

I hope the users from the Metacard list will come over to the Revolution list.  It will be good to have their input here - they are extremely knowledgeable, and I have certainly found it interesting to see the kinds of advanced things they have been doing with Metacard.

I think it is tremendously good news that all the energies of Metcard Corp and Runrev are now being channeled in the same direction.  I am sure it is going to increase the profile of this environment.

I did notice that Scott had been quiet on these lists for quite some time (and also noticed a strange silence from the Runrev people in the past month or so...)

Regards,
Bernard

	"Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com>
	Sent by: use-revolution-admin at lists.runrev.com