Image Problems: Download available

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Jul 8 11:48:01 EDT 2003

Hello Richmond,

> From: "Mathewson" <richmond at mail.maclaunch.com>
> Subject: Image Problems: Download available
> Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:17:37 -0400

> Well, to be honest I have just made a multicoloured test
> image (a PICT) and exported it as both JPEG and PNG: in
> both cases I did not get a green rectangle,
----------
Well, I think that was a reverse image and the shading got ignored as well,
but I have no idea why.
----------
> but I didn't get a faithful reproduction of the original.  SORRY
>
> I am going to be nasty and blame it on RR 2.0.1: obviously
> (in the light of the related discussions going on here)
> something a bit "off" about image conversion.
I didn't look at your scripts yet, so I don't know what you used to convert,
nor do I know how Rev 2.0.1 converts images. However, it's obvious from both
my attempts and yours that image conversion is not functioning properly in
Rev 2.0.1 on Macs.

As usual, I successfully converted the images in PhotoShop.

Thanks,
Ken N.