Debugger Testing

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Mon Jul 7 14:45:01 EDT 2003

Okay...

I'm beginning to feel like maybe I'm going crazy, since I can't believe other people would not be inconvenienced by step-over in the 2.01 debugger not working.

Therefore, I have devised a test - if you download

http://www.shinra.com/debugtest.rev

and run it you will see a stack with a single button on it. Turn on the debugger, and click the button. The debugger will open, and if you click on on the Step Over button in the debugger, you should remain in the script for the button, click  "step Over" a few times, and then the name of the button should change.

What I am getting instead, on all of my machines, even after uninstalling and reinstalling, is that I click step over, and when it gets to the function, it steps into it.

I KNOW that step over was working before - I just don't know if it was in the beta, or in 2.0.

If a couple of people could try this stack to verify that it's a problem for them, I would really appreciate it.

Also, if anyone still has a copy of the installer for the pre-release 2.0, I would appreciate the opportunity to experiment with it as well...

I NEED to be able to debug...

Thanks,

Edwin Gore