URGENT MAC OS X Problems

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Jul 7 13:10:01 EDT 2003

Bon soir Yves,

> Hello list again
>
> PLEASE HELP HELP HELP....

don't panic :-)

...and get your towel... :-)

> I've send questions earlier without answers
> So I come again...
> Working on Mac OSX 10.2.6 FR and Rev 2.0.1
>
>> I have a problem I didn't know with Rev 1.1.1
>
> the command : "create folder"
>
> 1) works fine when I create a folder
> BUT
> 2) doesn't work if the new created folder has a diacritical char
>
> for example :
>
> create folder "../test" works fine
>

> create folder "../répétition" doesn't work  (if I write  "repetition"
> (without the "é") it's good)
>

> what to do ?????
> How can I create a folder with french chars ???????

I just tested it and one can create a folder with that name in the
finder!

But the engine refuses to create a folder with accents in its name.

So i think it may be possible with "shell" somehow, but don't know
how...

Can someone (with more knowledge about shell commands) provide a hint
in favour of Yves health? ;-)

Thanks a lot.

>> Is it normal that when I ask the "script edit mode" item in the
> develpment menu, it takes about 1/2 hour to toggle ?????

Sorry, no idea, but really sounds not too normal... :-(

> Thanks.
>
> Greetings.
>
> Yves COPPE
> yvescoppe at skynet.be