Game Available for Test

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Sun Jul 6 12:17:00 EDT 2003

Jim Hurley writes:

>> Message: 4
>> From: miscdas at boxfrog.com
>> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>> Subject: Re: Game Available for Test
>> Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:39:30 -0500
>>
>> Jim Hurley writes:
>> [snip]
>>>  Unfortunately this works only on the Mac. I need to line up rows of
>>> letters and numbers and that requires a uniformly spaced
>>> font--monospaced.
>>> I didn't see one that works on my PC. It looks like Georgia is the only
>>>  monospaced font but it is illegible at 24 point size.
>>>
>> ==============
>> Did you try Courier New font? I beleive that it is installed with the OS.
>> Geogia must be some third-party font so probably won't be found on many
>> systems. So unless it is embedded in your app, it won't work anyway.
>>
>> miscdas
>>

> miscdas,
>
> Thanks. I overlooked Courier. It doesn't work quite as well as Monaco but
> it is certainly readable. So the following should work on both the PC and
> the Mac. In the message box run:
>
>  go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/CryptDivisionCourier.rev"
>
> Jim
>
> P.S. How would you embed a font into a stack?

Courier looks fine on WIN XP pro, MC 2.4.3

Couldn't you use tabbed fields to get the proper alignment with any font?

I don't think MC or Rev allow embedding fonts. You could do a work around by
doing a screen capture of each numeral in the font you like. You need to be
careful about the size and alignment of each captured image. Then use the
images in place of numerals.

miscdas