Quicktime Chapter Tracks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jul 5 16:36:00 EDT 2003

Trevor DeVore wrote:

> I would really like to see additions to QT support in Rev.  The primary reason
> I purchased Rev was to create applications that rely heavily on QuickTime and
> Databases.  I can do a lot of great stuff with it's current support but if
> additional support were added for things like intermovie communication,
> chapter tracks and the ApplicationliveNumberAndString message then it would
> open up new possibilities in some cases and be real time savers in others.

As a workaround in the meantime you could use SMIL (QT 4. of later) or 3GPP
(new in QT 6.3) to create your own synch tracks for text.

>> Has this request been made on the xTalk list?
>
> I know Kevin entered a request I made for intermovie communication into the
> feature request list.  I'm not sure if this has been made on the xTalk list
> however.

If Kevin's entered it that should be enough.  Since we're looking at only a
handful of new properties it probably doesn't require the peer review
process that makes the xTalk list valuable.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation