Quicktime Chapter Tracks

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Jul 4 05:26:00 EDT 2003

Hi junkmail,

(if that's your real name i would advice to sue your parents :-D

> How do I navigate Quicktime Chapter tracks with Revolution.
>
> Is there a native way of navigating Quicktime Chapter Tracks with
> revolution? or cuePoints?
> AppleScript, QTscript, Director, iShell, and others all have way to
> navigate Chapter Tracks.
> I'm looking at Revolution as a cross-platform solution for current and
> future projects that relies
> on the ability to navigate Chapter Tracks.....
>
> so if anyone knows how to do this please let me know...

I have worked a lot with QT but not with chapter tracks...

Wild guess:

since "the tracks of player xx" will return a list of the tracks in
that movies
in this format:

id, type, startime, endtime

It may be possible to extract the correct start and endtime of that
track
and thus only play that part of the QT movie...

Since i have no movie with a chapter track, i cannot confirm/check this.

Hope this helps a bit...

> -d

Regards

Klaus Major