Goings on behind the scene

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Wed Jul 2 20:50:01 EDT 2003

>Message: 6
>Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:10:52 -0700
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>From: Stephen Quinn Barncard <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com>
>Subject: Re: Goings on behind the scene
>
>Jim, this might be a Eudora problem - I've had this annoying
>situation with Eudora windows that were supposed to be in the
>background rudely popping up into another app I was working in...
>(OSX)...
>
>It's so bad I have to quit Eudora completely sometimes...
>
>obviously anti any user interface guidelines I've heard of...no other
>app has done this..
>
>sqb

Stephen,

Actually it happens with all apps. Try this: Create a button with the handler:

on mouseEnter --or on mouseWithin
   beep
end mouseEnter

Go to any other running app. Move the mouse so that it is over the
place where the Run Rev button is located. See if you hear a beep. I
do with all running applications. Turns out we can create our own
Ghost In the Machine.

Jim