Calling external library code

Adrian Wirz awirz at scout-systems.ch
Wed Jul 2 19:04:00 EDT 2003

I'm trying to find out how I can access a Shared Library (e.g. 4DOpen V6.7.1) from Revolution 2.01 on Mac OS 9.2.2 . Could anybody give me a hint where I can find information or documentation about it.

I already learned that I have to build a file containing XCMD and XFCN resources which I assume are just an interface for calls to a shared library. But some of the messages from the list are rather confusing and do not contain much information about the purpose of the XCMD and XFCN resources and how exactly they have to be built.

Another question I have is: How can I find out which XCMD and XFCN commands are loaded and available for programming (e.g. accepted as valid in a script).

I'd be grateful for any help!

*       Adrian D. Wirz, Macintosh Software Developer               *
*       SCOUT Systems, Switzerland                                 *