clipboardData & PNG & JPG

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Wed Jul 2 15:51:00 EDT 2003

That about sums up the situation. I believe that the hope was that there might be someway of placing the compressed data onto the clipboard, so that it could be pasted into applications that understand jpg - for example when you attach a jpg file to many mail programs it displays the image rather than a file icon.

I believe that you are correct though, and there is no easy way to do this.