More debuggerbears

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Wed Jul 2 12:32:03 EDT 2003

I am finding that the function of the Step Over button is very unreliable (Windows 2K, RR 2.02).

My understanding of it - and the way that it works sometimes - is that when I am clicking through a script using Step Over, that it should not dive down into functions and so on - I should stay in the main script.

Now, since I have a couple of functions in the program I am debugging that do transformations on data based on iterating through a fairly large table of data once for each characters in a variable (which can be 20 or more characters in length), the debugger nearly useless if it decides, for whatever reason, to do a Step Into instead of a Step Over. I know this function works perfectly, I don't want to have to sit and watch it step through for 10 minutes before getting back to the script which called it - which I am VERY interested in debugging.

Anyone else seeing this?