Another Script Editing Tip

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Jul 1 17:46:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 03:23 PM, erik hansen wrote:

> this is the first instance of a handler name
> using chars other than numbers, letters,
> and "_" that i have seen. more wonders.

There are a handful of characters that will 'work'.

For a little while I used ? at the end of the names of functions that
returned true or false.  However, Scott Raney has advised against using
anything outside the set you mentioned because of potential future
changes.  In addition, I was being inconsistent.  I have been
suggesting that Revolution get a expression style 'if' that doesn't
evaluate all arguments and even suggested the C notation involving ?
and : to do it.  So I was suggesting a feature that would break my code.

I now put "Is" after the library name (if any) and before the rest of
the name to indicate a function that returns true or false.  Example:
spyIsErikOnline()

Dar Scott