htmlText and images

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Thu Jan 30 11:11:00 EST 2003

Hi Mike,

> What worked (reliable even in a standalone):
>   set the filename of image "test" to URL "http:filepath"
>   set the filename of image "test" to "http:filepath"
>
> Its strange, but if I first issue the URL form, and then the same path
> without URL then it works!
> I do not know what is happening there, my guess would be that the URL
> form can download the file to memory, but not show it, and the other
> form can only show, but not load. Strange...
>
> I would  cache the file on disk, then load them from there. because
> then you are sure that it always works.

You can also do this:
  put url"http://www.yourserver.com/folder/file.gif" into img x

This is as fast as setting the filename, but has the advantage that
this/these image(s) will be copied to your stack and thus be saved
with the stack (if saving occurs).

And will be present next time you open that stack.
If that is what you are after...

Regards

Klaus Major
k_major at os.surf2000.de