htmlText and images

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu Jan 30 09:13:01 EST 2003

On Donnerstag, Jan 30, 2003, at 12:11 Europe/Zurich, Mike McManus wrote:

>  Though it took some tweaking  of a simple "put the htmltext of into
> field".  Didn;t clean up all the oddball html stuff in some cases.

The HTMLText property is not intended for "real" HTML pages, it is
mainly for the internal formating which uses something similar to HTML.
You can get some results with it, but not everything (most notable are
the lack of tables and dividers).

> Of course with all the html header stuff stripped here in the hope it
> won't bore you or mess up this post. Maybe I do need to download this
> image separately, but why? And if so, why don't I have to when I am
> developing the stack in run-rev?

Now this is interesting I forgot that you do not have problems from
within the environment...

I did some testing, and it seems that the filepath in combination with
remote file paths (server) is somehow messed up:
If I write "http:filepath" then I get the file shown but only the first
time, and then it is somehow stuck.
I I write URL "http:filepath" or "binfile:filepath" or URL
"binfile:filepath" I get nothing.

What worked (reliable even in a standalone):
   set the filename of image "test" to URL "http:filepath"
   set the filename of image "test" to "http:filepath"

Its strange, but if I first issue the URL form, and then the same path
without URL then it works!
I do not know what is happening there, my guess would be that the URL
form can download the file to memory, but not show it, and the other
form can only show, but not load. Strange...

I would  cache the file on disk, then load them from there. because
then you are sure that it always works.