Can I embed PDF driver in a Rev stack built for distribution?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Wed Jan 29 09:58:01 EST 2003

Many have made suggestions already, but just to throw another on the
pile:

If your printing format is just text in a PDF and is similar from one
time to the next, it might be fairly straightforward to do this:

   1. Create a document that looks the way you want it to. Wherever text
needs to be placed, put an identifiable placeholder. Something like
thisIsPlaceholderText1 should do.
   2. Print the document to PDF. Use whatever tools you like.
   3. Open the resulting PDF file and look for the placeholder text you
included in the document.
   4. Use the PDF file as a template, and when you want to "print to
PDF" just replace the placeholder text with the text you want to print.

This is probably impractical for anything more complicated that a
standard business letter, but if that's what you want, it's probably
possible.

gc