cannot select field

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Jan 28 20:45:01 EST 2003

I have several list fields (traversal on, lock text, list behaviour,
visible, enabled) when the field contains at least one line of text,
then there is no problem. BUT when there is no line in that field I get
the following enerving behaviour:

-the field receives no mouse events (enter, leave, up , down...)
-the field gets not selected (selectedObject, selectedField,
focusedObject...)

I have a button which generates new lines for the field which is
selected. I am unfortunately unable to make a line when there is none
in the field... because the field won't get focused (or do anything
else) when clicked!
the Button can of course not receive the keyboard focus (as that would
deselect the field)

the behaviour is the same whatever version of RunRev I use.

so how to work around this... glitch ?