filename differences in Rev & MC

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Tue Jan 28 19:13:01 EST 2003

I'm doing an applescript from Rev (it attaches an image to a new email in
OSX Mail).

I have Rev get the filename and replace the "/" with ":" so the applescript
line ends up like the following and all works well.

set this_imagefile to ¬
alias "Macintosh HD:Users:jimsims:Desktop:Kartolina 1.5:MyCards:ccccccv.jpg"

BUT if I do the same using an opener stack made with MetaCard
(Workaround so the app
will show "Application" in the Get Info  - not Classic  <ugh>) I get
the following:

set this_imagefile to ¬
alias "Users:jimsims:Desktop:Kartolina 1.5:MyCards:ccccccv.jpg"

IOW  The filename starts with "Users" and not the name of the HD.

Any suggestions on how to obtain the HD name so I can add it to
the applescript? The applescript requires the complete path.

atb

sims