Scripting the Geometry Manager

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 13:18:01 EST 2003

--- Bill Vlahos <bvlahos at mac.com> wrote:
> I have a field which correctly adjusts its size in
> response to resizing
> of the window via the geometry manager. This works
> fine but I would
> also like to optionally insert another object
> between the field and the
> bottom of the window. I can't see where to script
> the settings in the
> geometry manager for an object.
>
> The effect I want is similar to drawers in OS X but
> I can't wait for
> Rev 2.0 which I believe has this feature.
>
> If I could script an object's geo manager setting,
> show/hide the new
> object, resize window, then update the screen this
> would work.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Vlahos

Hi Bill,

You'll have to do a bit of digging, but I think that
data is stored in the custom property
  cRevGeometry[master,scaleBottomDistance]
of the object.
So I think if you change that, along with the
corresponding item in the custom property
  cRevGeometry[master,expectedRect]
you should be able to trick the Geometry Manager into
resizing things correctly upon 'revUpdateGeometry'.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====