public beta?

Heather Williams heather at runrev.com
Tue Jan 28 09:58:01 EST 2003

> Message: 12
> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:18:16 +0100
> Subject: public beta?
> From: Toma Tasovac <ttasovac at princeton.edu>
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> I know that it is not politically correct to whine about the delay of
> 2.0 on this list, since complaints are usually bombarded with the wise
> and ethically superior "they're working so hard, give them a break" and
> "we want a good product, we're ready to wait..." kind of answers -- but
> the Revolution Website claims that their "development process is better
> advanced now, allowing us to make a more accurate estimate than
> previously" and that they "will be shipping a public beta of 2.0 in mid
> January."
>
> Come on, guys, we all love Revolution -- that's why we're here, yet I
> would still like to get a response from the Revolution team: what went
> wrong this time, and how much longer do we need to wait, again?

A small slippage. Soon, soon. No really. I'm not saying anymore, because
dates always get me into trouble.

The reason the team is not responding is because they're all working so hard
to get that beta out. I can't give you details about the delay because I do
admin, not coding. Everybody that could give you more info is busy coding
like mad.

The best to you too, and please, be patient, once more, just a little
longer...

Regards,

Heather