Exporting Vector Graphics

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 20:53:00 EST 2003

on Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:35:00 2003
Ken Ray wrote:

> Sounds great, Alejandro! Thanks for your work
> on this!

You are welcome, Ken!

on Sat, 25 Jan 2003 08:30:16 -0800
Jim Hurley wrote:

> Does "finishing version 04 of EPS Import" imply
> anything about the existence of an EPS export?

Of course, Jim. In my particular case means
more time and more knowledge available.

Right now, I'm struggling with the Fonts and
styles translation.

Did I left the fonts and styles interpretation
as "is" at my actual state of development?
(Just one font with just one style and one color
per field, mostly useful for labels and one liners)
or Parse for different fonts,styles and colors
within a field?

Or Did I must convert the Illustrator Text
to html and set the htmltext of the field
to this converted text?

After I code the answer to these questions, I'll
be better prepared to export fields, images
and graphics to Adobe Illustrator format.

Notice, PDF and Adobe Illustrator format are closely
related by their origin, the Postscript language, so
If one of the readers have code to convert/encode
bynary images/data as ASCII85 and knows how to write
the structure and Index of a PDF file then it could
be within our reach to write PDF directly from our
applications.

Earlier versions of pdf are ascii text files, so I
have cut and paste the code for images, text and
graphics and replaced with my own (same type)data
and it worked.

About the vector graphics produced by the PDF drivers
and printers, I get better results when convert the
code of the graphic to Illustrator format and paste
inside a document to print from any graphics/drawing
application compatible with .ai files, like Mayura
Draw, Flash, FreeHand, Canvas, Xara, Sketch, etc...

Looks like those drivers are relying in the system's
vectors drawing capabilities (WMF, EMF or PICT).
High distortions are introduced in this way.

By the way, Igor,
Could you post a web or ftp link to your stack
with some of your graphics, fields and images?

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro