No scroll wheel (newbie stuff)?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jan 27 14:59:01 EST 2003

Recently, "Ken Norris (dialup)"  wrote:

>>> I haven't been able to get my mouse scroll wheel to work with the vertical
>>> scrollbars. Is there a way to implement that?
>>
>> You should search the archives but I *believe* the solution is to trap
>> whatever value is passed in rawKeyDown.
> ----------
> ??? Are you saying RR vertical scrollbars do not support scrollwheels? I
> figured the Mac versions would support mouse scrollwheels through the OS and
> ordinary drivers, same PC's with Windows, just like virtually all other
> software.

No, I was saying you may need to script your solution.  However, after
reviewing past messages in the archives, it appears that scrollwheel support
is fairly built-in in Windows and Mac OSX, but not in Mac OS9.  I can
confirm this on my end with recent tests using a Logitech mouse with a
scrollwheel: any field field that is currently under the mouse, both
editable and locked text, can be scrolled with the wheel.  I haven't found
any scrollwheel scrolling to work in OS9 (though it may with the addition of
3rd party resources).  Your mileage may vary.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design