Material breech

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Mon Jan 27 08:11:01 EST 2003

>Message: 8
>Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:14:43 -0800
>Subject: Re: Serendipity Library Update 20030123
>From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
>To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>>>  Freedom's just an other word for "nothin'
>>>  left to lose"
>>
>>  Kris Kristofferson
>
>just having musical buzzwords in the archives
>is a beacon to extremists.
>

>Sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity for a little levity.
>
>FWIW, I'm not the oldest person here, but neither am I the youngest.  The
>current events that have bled over into this list are potentially the most
>significant world events in my lifetime.   Emotions run high when we lose
>3,000 lives in under an hour, and as we grapple with the best path to avoid
>such horrors in the future it's understandable that we may sometimes forget
>to employ the polite compartmentalization that allows us to get through the
>day to day.  Every list I'm on is affected by this momentous decision of
>whether to alter the course of history by introducing the principle of
>preemption.

Richard,

Thank you for your thoughts. As always, words of wisdom.

But I too cannot  resist a little levity. I recently came across a
letter to  the local paper characterizing a "preemptive strike" as a
"proactive strike."

But to be less than serious, I can envisage an
Abbot-and-Costello-like movie scene in which Costello bends over to
rip the seat of his pants, inspiring Abbot to respond with a
preemptive strike over this material breech.

Jim