Linking to web sites and files from Mac OS X

Mike Brown mike at cyber-ny.com
Sun Jan 26 15:20:01 EST 2003

Thanks Ken!  The revGoURL function works perfect for launching the browser
on Mac and Windows.  I never knew of this function, I have been doing the
long scripted method of getting the platform, etc...

I don't suppose there are other Rev functions for launching an App from all
platforms or opening a folder?  I will use get the platform and
systemversion functions to implement individual methods if no such Rev
functions exist.

Thanks again for the help!!

Best,
Mike

On 1/26/03 1:09 PM, "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

> Mike, it would be better to call the Rev function "revGoURL" in order to
> handle any internet needs (launching a browser, etc.). And most likely the
> problem with your launching commands has to do with paths. In OS 9, a file
> might be located at:
>
> Hard Drive:Images:Picture1.jpg
>
> but in OS X (logged in as user "kenray") this would be something like:
>
> /Users/kenray/Images/Picture1.jpg
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com