Data organization

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Sat Jan 25 17:21:00 EST 2003

On Sunday, Jan 26, 2003, at 08:58 Australia/Sydney, David Vaughan wrote:

> On Sunday, Jan 26, 2003, at 08:33 Australia/Sydney,
> jonadams520 at mac.com wrote:
>
>> I'm very new to rev. I need to make an application that will divide
>> up folders full of images into separate folders containing no more
>> that 690 MB so they can be burned onto cds. Can rev do this? where
>> should I start? any help will be much appreciated
>> Jon
>>
> Jon
>
> Look up "files" in the Transcript Dictionary and read about the "long"
> or "detailed" form of it.
snip

Of course if you already have an order in which you want to write the
files then skip the sort and the arrays and hold current "source" and
"allocated" files lists together with a variable of space remaining and
of the current sub-folder name. When you fill a CD (sub-folder) then
clear the allocated list, increment the numeric tail of the sub-folder
name and keep going. Look up "repeat for each" to run through your
source list efficiently. I assume you will want to allocate a few KB to
write out your list of allocated images onto the same CD.

cheers
David