Undocumented image problem 2

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Fri Jan 24 11:06:01 EST 2003

>Is the difference that Photoshop is making them as progressive JPEGs?  The
>spec for progressive JPEG is reportedly a littly sloppy, and is not
>supported in the MC engine.  Standard non-progressive JPEGs should
>work,though.

Interesting thought. I don't actually know how to make a progressive jpeg
in Photoshop. I just choose the jpeg format popup upon saving. It's only
got one flavor.

Would opening such a jpeg in GraphicsConverter and resaving as a jpeg
make it "less progressive" (non-progressive, regressive)?

Howard Bornstein