How to record with RR

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Jan 23 18:37:01 EST 2003

Hello group,

I'm investigating the possibilities of recording with RR. We can, if
necessary, limit the discussion to Macintosh for the present.

In HC, I took a challenge to quickly develop a stack that had an ability to
record voice responses to various stimuli with a settable duration. That is,
the stack would need to do this so that the user has a limited time to
respond, then moves immediately on to the next set of stimuli. Got the
picture?

I used Rinaldi's Recordit 3.0 to accomplish this. It has a bunch of built in
parameters, the main ones being duration, filetype, and a progress bar.

It creates an AIFF file in the same folder. In its basic form, it has a
duration button, a record button, a playback button which shows a list of
files to select from which automatically plays the selection with QuickTime,
and a button to hide/show the player.

How can I build the same thing with RR (the filetype can be different)?

TIA,
Ken N.