OT: Elegant Cross Platform Fonts

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Jan 22 14:43:01 EST 2003

Does someone have a short, fairly reliable, list of fonts that are
likely to be found both on Mac and Windows machines? I suppose I could
look at one of our windows machines here, but I am thinking someone of
you has already been down this road and will already have a definitive
list.

In particular I am looking for a cross-platform font that is a little
prettier and more elegant that Arial, for use as a large display font
where I am dynamically changing the text from a customProperty and
don't want to make all those text displays as images in Photoshop ahead
of time (too much work and too much data) In this context we don't have
really tight size parameters we have to worry about as we will just
give it plenty of room (unlike when making small buttons where the type
size differences for the same font across platforms can be a headache.)

Thanks

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery