Why is the Stack ID wrong?

Matt Denton matt.denton at limelight.com.au
Wed Jan 22 09:31:01 EST 2003

Dear Chipp and List,

Thanks for the tip, however I don't think that really explains it.  In
the case below we haven't added anything to the stack and if you
inspect the stack in Rev the ID is correct.

Anyway it is a small lesson, and a bit of unlearning for me.  In the
old HyperCard days, the ID was the best unique FIXED identifier for
objects, stacks, cards. These objects could have the same name and the
ID was sure to get you the correct card/stack etc.

Anyway I'm still scratching my head, bit of an unsolved problem and
strangeness.  Anyone else got any ideas why you can't reference a stack
by its ID?

Thanks again Chipp!

M@
Matt