Best way to swap background images?

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Tue Jan 21 13:39:00 EST 2003

Hi RGould8,

> I've got a Revolution app with a background bitmap - - - let's call it
> background #1.  It's a background bitmap image that's been saved to a
> "group" and then that group has been pasted to all the other cards in
> the stack.  Let's say that group is called "background group"
>
> What I need to do is figure out how to "swap" that background image
> with another image (background #2) of the same size, dynamically, via
> Transcript, so that once I make the swap it is now the default
> background image throughout the whole application.  Can someone steer
> me to the best way to accomplish this?

2 possible solutions:

1. assumed you work with references to the images.
Then you can simply set the filename of ath image to another file

2. you imported these 2 images (read: you have a copy of them in your
stack).
Then you can just do this:

put image "bg image 1" into img "bg image to display" of bg "your bg
name here"
resp.
put image "bg image 2" into img "bg image to display" of bg "your bg
name here"

YOU can decide when to swap :-)

on openstack, opencard or whenever

Important: you need a 3rd image to display the other 2 images.
If not then 1 image will be lost/replaced with the other one ;-)

Hope that helps.

Regards

Klaus Major
k_major at os.surf2000.de