use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1045 - 16 msgs

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Jan 21 13:30:01 EST 2003

> Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:46:21 -0800 (PST)
> From: Judy Perry <jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu>
> Subject: Re: Somewhat OT - Demo RAD tool for the Mac

> Charles,
>
> It's not apple-shift-3?  Works here for me...  or is yours the one that
> allows you to select a portion of the screen for capture?
----------
Nope. Cmd(same as Apple key)/Shift-4. Allows you to drag the tool to shoot
any portion of the screen.

I make picts with all sorts of apps all the time, whatever is easiest and
fastest to do what I want. I often don't want to go through a naming and
saving process, so I just use a Cmd/Shift-4, surround the image (I'm very
good at getting it exact), and shoot it.

I use the screenshot tools, Cmd/Shift-3 for the whole screen, Cmd/Shift-4
for portions of the screen, constantly for time reasons. As long as I know
where they are in the list of Pictures, I can import them anywhere, change
the filetype, or whatever. Plus, I can look through them directly from the
Finder without having to load a translator.

Ken N.